(because we can all use a little help now and then)
If you can’t find the answer below please feel free to give us a free call 0508 PAYPORT (0508 729 767) or 09 280 6213 if you are calling from a mobile phone or send us an email, our email address is listed on top of the website
Parcelport Call Centre opens Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm Closed Public Holidays and Weekends
For queries relating to deliveries, track and trace, you may contact the carrier’s customer service on:
- Post Haste 0800 106 828
- Castle Parcel 0800 404 303
- NOW couriers 09 526 9170
SERVICES & SERVICE STANDARDS
PARCEL PICKUP (your place or mine)
Our couriers will collect your parcel during their next cycle. During normal business hours this is usually within 2 – 3 hours of your booking. Orders placed before 12pm will be picked up same day, otherwise next business day.
DELIVERIES (Congratulations, it’s a boy…oh wait, it’s just a package):
LOCAL & REGIONAL SERVICE:
– LOCAL – Delivery same day if picked up prior to 12 noon (label your item clearly ‘SAME DAY delivery’ or use URGENT SAME DAY RUN stickers)
– Delivery next business day if picked up after 12 noon
– To help you remember, “If it’s picked up before your noon time meal, it will be delivered the same day for real.”
– OUTER AREA – Delivery next business day
– If delivery to the outer area is what you seek, we’ll have it there tomorrow, not sometime next week.
– REGIONAL – Delivery next business day
– If regional deliver is what you must do, it will be there in one day not in two.
– WITHIN ISLAND – Delivery next business day
– INTER ISLAND TWO DAY SERVICE – Delivery in two business days
– INTER ISLAND OVERNIGHT SERVICE – Delivery next business day
NATIONWIDE EXPRESS SATCHEL SERVICE: – Delivery next business day nationwide
Satchels in 6 Convenient Sizes:
- Xtra Large 450mm x 450mm
- Large 360mm x 415mm
- Medium 280mm x 390mm
- A4 225 x 325mm
- Small 210mm x 260mm
- Letter 150mm x 260mm,
RURAL & RESIDENTIAL DELIVERY:
Delivery between 7am and 5pm
Signatures may not be obtained
May add an additional day to normal service standard
Please also note that not all carriers will provide Saturday delivery to all areas, when you place a consignment our system will tell you whether Saturday delivery is available for that route. Because though Saturday may be alright for fighting, it’s not always alright for shipping.
SIGNATURE OR AUTHORITY TO LEAVE (So you can leave your house instead of waiting around for deliveries):
Our standard policy is that no items are delivered without a signature from the recipient. If this occurs the courier will leave a ‘calling card’ at the address detailing when the delivery was attempted and the ticket number. The recipient will then need to call the courier company on the ticket to arrange redelivery or pick up from the local branch.
If you are comfortable with leaving the package without signature, you can provide us with an Authority to Leave. If this is provided, the courier will leave the package even if there is no one to receive and sign for it. Please note that this indemnifies Parcelport and its agents against any loss or damage. But when you are running a business, sitting around waiting for packages isn’t always the best use of your time.
LOSS & DAMAGE CLAIMS
Tracking your item
If you need to query the delivery status of your consignment, you can confirm via Track and Trace, or contact us. Remember to have your consignment number ready.
Missing or damaged items
Contact our customer service centre and tell the representative the following:
- The consignment number for your consignment
- Receiver details, receiver phone number is known
- Details of the contents, packaging and value of item
- And that look very nice today, even if it is over the phone.
If an item is damaged, please retain the original packaging, please do not dispose off the damaged item or the original packaging.
If an item is missing, we will provide you with regular progress reports until the item is located.
In the unlikely event that your item cannot be located, you are entitled to submit a claim for the cost price of the goods if notification has been received within 7 days of delivery for damage and 14 days of dispatch for loss.
Please see the list of Prohibited Items which cannot be sent nor claimed
How to Make A Claim
The Loss Claims Process
Once we have been informed that a consignment has not been delivered, a POD (Proof Of Delivery) will be undertaken, followed by a national depot search. If the consignment has not been found, and you have notified us within the valid time frame, the query will be forwarded to the Claims Department. You must notify us of a potential loss claim within 14 days of the despatch of the item.
The Damage Claims Process
Once we have been informed that a consignment has been damaged, the goods will be collected from your customer (please ask your customer to retain the original packaging, please do not dispose off the damaged item or the original packaging, as the damaged goods and the original packaging will need to be collected from your customer for assessment) and we will then asses if the goods are salvageable or can be repaired. If the goods are salvageable / repairable, they will be returned to you for assessment. Once this has been completed, the query will be sent to the Claims Department. You must notify us of a potential damage claim within 7 days of the delivery of the item.
The Claims Process
Once a query has been received by the claims department, a letter will be sent asking you to supply us with the following information:
- A copy of the invoice the goods travelled on
- An invoice to our carrier charging them the cost price replacement for the goods on claim
- If the value of the consignment is over $250, the intended recipient of the goods will be required to sign a Statutory Declaration
- Maximum claim for each consignment is $1500.
Please note that all claims will be assessed in accordance with our carrier’s conditions of carriage.