What is our sweetspot? How are we different to Gosweetspot GSS?
Quite often we get asked by shippers and senders how are we different to Gosweetspot or GSS? Are you a copy of Gosweetspot? What are your sweetspot? (no pun intended) Let’s answer these questions.
We are similar to Gosweetspot, we are direct competitors to each other, and no, we are not a copy of Gosweetspot, Parcelport (PP) (back then was called Payport) was founded in 2012 about the same time GSS was founded, in fact, when we first got the idea to build a courier and freight aggregator we didn’t even know GSS existed, not until about two years later when they surfaced. In fact, we were the first cloud based online courier system when Sweetspot was a PC based system (where software installation is necessary).
We are not going to bad mouth our competitor here, this is not what this blog is about, in this blog we are simply answers the above questions objectively, and we will quote some of our users on how they evaluate the two.
How are we the same and how are we different?
- We both partners with almost identical domestic courier companies such as Posthaste, Castle Parcels, etc. Parcelport do offer CourierPost service with deliveries to P.O.Boxes and Waiheke Island and some rural addresses at no extra cost.
- On the same day and urgent couriers front, we both partners with Now Couriers, Sweetspot partners with Urgent Couriers while we partners with Pace Couriers
- On the international courier front, we both partners with New Zealand Post/EMS.
- For international express couriers Sweetspot partners with Fedex and we partners with TNT Express
- PP partners with YTO Express offering a cost effective courier solution to Taiwan and China, this is one of the cheap courier services available to Taiwan and China
- We both offer ecommerce platform integration such as Trademe, Magento, Shopify etc
- PP do offer batch upload functions for processing large amount of parcels at the same time
- GSS works with thermal printers for printing of shipping labels, PP works with any printers or paper size
- GSS provides the system and customers need to make contact with courier companies customer service directly, where PP customers can call Parcelport customer service directly
What some of the users say
“We have been with Parcel [Port] for over 4 years now. It’s a good system. I’d say equal to GSS, having Courier Post on board has hugely reduced our costs to the customer in more remote areas” – Debbie Rennie
“GSS emailed us, told us they were increasing our prices despite the constant software issues and random charging issues we were having. We jumped over to PP, no problems with software, and we get to use CourierPost” – Cameron Hicks
If you want to find out more on how Parcelport can help you manage your couriers and shipping needs please CLICK HERE