This note just received from our partners at NZ Post….
Huge Volume Spike – 29 April
As you may already have received communication around this but just to make sure you all across this substantial development in volumes under alert level 3.
- We have seen a dramatic increase in parcel volumes since the move into Level 3.
- While this was expected to some extent, the volumes are far higher than forecast with our customers
- Our busiest day ever during our traditional Peak period saw 295k parcels in our network, yesterday we picked over half a million. While this is great news, it does present some significant challenges
- We are using our expertise to make sure we can keep processing and delivering in a safe way. We’re running extra shifts, using all sites to process, and doing what we can to increase capacity.
- Even with these measures in place, clearing this volume of parcels quickly while continuing to keep our people safe and adhering to physical distancing protocols is challenging
- To help us clear the volume and to ensure your customers get their deliveries as soon as possible, for the rest of this week we may only be able to pick up via your standard pickup schedule, with the scheduled truck size. Additional pickups or additional trailer units will be limited between now and Friday 1st May. This is more likely to occur for pick-ups in the greater Auckland area.
- We have temporarily increased our Estimated Delivery Dates (EDD) from +24 hours to +48 hours while we continue to experience high parcel volumes. These dates will be communicated to your customers in notifications and in online tracking pages.
- Please know that our team are working as hard as we can to help keep you moving and get deliveries to your customers as quickly as possible.
- Thank you for your continued kindness, support and patience as we do all we can to deliver for you and NZ.