Here are some noteworthy online shopping trends for 2022, presented by Parcelport:
- In 2022, there were a total of 53.9 million online transactions, which marked a 5% decrease compared to the figures from 2021. However, there was a significant 45% increase when compared to the data from 2019.
- The average shopping cart size in 2022 amounted to $113. This indicates a modest 1% increase compared to the figures from 2021 and a substantial 12% increase when compared to data from 2019.
- On average, online shoppers in 2022 conducted 27 transactions throughout the year, with an average annual spending amounting to $3,083.
- In 2022, there was a notable 13% decrease in the number of online shoppers as compared to the year 2021.
- In contrast, the in-store retail spending for 2022 reached a total of $51 billion, which represented a significant 7% increase compared to the figures from 2021 and a remarkable 13% increase when compared to data from 2019.